Monday, 26 November 2012

The Warmth Of A Summer Morn

THE WARMTH OF A SUMMER MORN

My heart beats,
But I can’t feel my feet,
I took the fall and it didn’t even matter after all
Chorus
Fate would have it otherwise
As I fall through empty skies,
Just waiting to die
The cold from winter is here,
And as my death draws nearer
A hint of a spark is formed
Just like the warmth of a summer morn


A force ties me to this spot
Is it visible I know not?
The hate I felt for you is gone
Just like the warmth of a summer morn


And now the winter blows away
And I see the light of day
And you have fallen from my mind
Yea I’ve left you behind

And I just stop and stare
Coz everything I want is where
My heart longs to be
And that’s where you are with me
Why won’t you realize?
That I’m burning inside
Won’t you ever love me back?
You may as well stab me in the back
But I know you will never listen
And that’s why your faith lessens
Just leave me alone
In the warmth of a summer morn…

 

2 comments: